Date: 7 May 2019, 17:00-22:00
Venue: Eiffel Palace, PwC Academy – 1055 Budapest, Bajcsy-Zsilinszky út 78
The British Chamber of Commerce in Hungary
is pleased to invite its members to its
Annual General Meeting 2019
Date: Tuesday, 7 May 2019, 17:00 (registration from 16:45)
Venue: Eiffel Palace, PwC Academy (1055 Budapest, Bajcsy-Zsilinszky út 78.)
In line with the BCCH Charter, the Council elections for next year will take place at this year’s AGM and the past 12 months will be discussed as per usual.
|17:15||Welcome speech by Her Majesty’s Ambassador HE Mr Iain Lindsay OBE|
|17:30||Approval of the Chairman’s report, presented by Vazul Tóth|
|17:40||Approval of the Financial Report and Auditor’s Report (approval of the BCCH accounts for 2018) by BCCH’s Treasurer Árpád Balázs|
|17:50||Election of the Chairman and Councillors|
• Explanation of the voting procedure: Distribution of a maximum of 7 votes in total, make only ONE vote for chairperson and six for councillors. The elected chair will also be a member of the Council.
• Nominees have 2 minutes to introduce themselves, dr. Csongor Tompa, representative of CMS Cameron McKenna will read the profiles of those not present
|18:35||Election of the Supervisory Board members|
|18:40||Vote on charter modification – You can find the charter with the amended parts highlighted here (EN) and here (HU)|
|The moderator closes the AGM.|
|18:45||Registration for invited guests and non BCCH members and Welcome drinks|
|19:00||Fireside Chat with guest speaker Melanie Seymour, CEO of BlackRock Budapest and Kinga Kalocsai, BCCH Council member|
|19:30||Dr. Csongor Tompa announces the results of the election|
|19:45||The outgoing chairman toasts to the new Council and Speech by elected Chairman|
|22:00||End of event|
|The candidates up for election are the following:|
Candidates for the Chairman position
1. Duncan Graham, G&G Wealth Limited
Candidates for Council membership
1. Douglas Arnott, EDMF Language Services
2. Paul Fegan, Ecosse World Logistics
3. Péter Gyúrós, Shell Hungary
4. Judit Iglódy-Csató, GSK Hungary
5. Kinga Kalocsai, FirstMed
6. Károly Oelberg, AACM Central Europe Ltd. If no quorum is present at the time of the Annual General Meeting, the adjourned General Meeting shall convene at 17:15 on 7 May 2019 at the same place and such meeting shall have a quorum as regards the matters included in the agenda of the previous Meeting, regardless of the number of Members present or represented.Participation at the official part of the AGM is for members only and free of charge, but please note that only a maximum of two people from any member company may attend, and each voting member company will have the right to one vote only.The following Business Networking Reception is open to everyone interested.
Members who are entitled to vote but cannot delegate anyone from the company to attend the Annual General Meeting will have the option to appoint a representative of another BCCH voting member with discretionary power to vote for and on behalf of them with a written proxy, a form for which is available here. The number of proxies that a BCCH member can present at the event is limited to a maximum of two. (Please note that the form has to be presented only if the delegate works for another member company, it is not needed if the delegate works within the same firm).
A member whose membership fee has not been fully paid before the AGM shall not be entitled to attend and vote, so if in doubt please contact our colleagues at the Finance Department of the BCCH at email@example.com.
Individual and Honorary members are non-voting members but have the right to attend and observe the AGM. PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
BCCH members – free of charge
(only a maximum of two people from any member company may attend free of charge, and each voting member company will have the right to one vote only)
Non-members – HUF 14 000 + VAT (reception only)Please confirm your attendance by noon, Friday May 3 the latest.Participation fees (a gross amount of HUF 17 780 for non-members) are transferable to Magyarországi Brit Kereskedelmi Kamara at Budapest Bank, HU72-10102244-82717800-01004000 (Swift code: BUDAHUHB, HUF bank account)with the indication of the event title (AGM reception). Please note that the original invoice will be issued and sent to the email address provided in the registration process of the event once the event has taken place.