Date and time: Tuesday, 14 March 2017, 9:00
The British Chamber of Commerce in Hungary and FirstMed
kindly invite you to the twelfth event of the Chamber’s SME Breakfast series:
Teams as Systems – Key Implications for Managers and Leaders
Date: Tuesday, 14 March 2017, 9:00 (registration from 8:30)
Venue: FirstMed (Hattyúház, 5th floor, 1015 Budapest, Hattyú u. 14.)
Mr Rob Allen, owner of Extole Ltd
The BCCH relaunched its Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) group and event series last year. Our twelfth breakfast panel discussion will be hosted by BCCH Foundation Member FirstMed, and our speaker will talk about Teams as Systems – Key Implications for Managers and Leaders.
Have you ever wondered:
• How to create a culture that allows your team to become self-managing and developing; or
• Why a “star” performer in one team fails to live up to their promise when moved to another team? Or
• Why is it so hard to get people to change their behaviours? or
• What can be done to improve communications and relationship within your teams?
Systems thinking provides a different perspective to view these challenges through and consequently can offer new and important insights to help you answer these and many more questions about how teams actually work.
The objective of the presentation is to introduce the concept of systems thinking as it applies to teams and what this means for leaders. It includes:
• A brief overview of general systems theory and systems thinking
• How systems thinking looks when applied to teams
• 7 key implications for leaders wanting to embrace a systems thinking approach in their organisation(s) / team(s)
1. Developing a systems perspective as a leader
2. Consciously designing / shaping the culture (operating system) of the team
3. Seeking systemic feedback
4. Breaking the self-reinforcing nature of the team (in order to successfully implement changes)
5. Separating Roles from People
6. Identifying and mitigating Toxic behaviours that act like malware / viruses and destroy systems
7. Enhancing you and your team’s Relationship Systems Intelligence
In addition to the theory, the presentation will include examples from Mr Allen's experience as a Systemic Team Coach and from his 25+ year career as a CFO / Strategy Director / Management Consultant.
Please note that the language of the event is English
and no translation will be provided.
BCCH members – HUF 3,500 + VAT
Non-members – HUF 6,000 + VAT
Participation fees (a gross amount of HUF 4,445 for members, and HUF 7,620 for non-members) are transferable to Magyarországi Brit Kereskedelmi Kamara at Budapest Bank, HU72-10102244-82717800-01004000 (Swift code: BUDAHUHB, HUF bank account) with the indication of the event title (SME Breakfast). Please note that the original invoice will be issued and sent to the email address provided in the registration process of the event once the event has taken place.
The SME Breakfast Series is sponsored by FirstMed
Please note the following:
We can only accept a limited number of registrations on a first come first served basis.
Your registration is automatically accepted upon submission, but confirmation is sent afterwards.
We can only accept cancellations 48 hours prior to the event.
Late cancellations and no-shows will be invoiced.
Please note that photos are taken at our events and by participating you consent to those taken of you to be published on the BCCH website and/or in the Chamber's publications.
Please confirm your attendance by Monday, 13 March 2017 the latest by clicking on the button below.